Who we are
The Roosevelt Athletic Boosters’ (RAB) mission is to enhance the athletic programs and physical education classes at Roosevelt High School by providing resources beyond what the Seattle Public Schools fund. The club, founded in July of 1987 is a non-profit, 501 (C) (3) organization. It serves a student body population of approximately 1600 youth between the ages of 14 and 18 years old. The club is comprised of parent representatives from each sports team, with officers (President, Treasurer, and Secretary) selected from these representatives.
What We Do
The primary activity of the RAB is to raise money as an additional source of funding for the athletic teams and sports clubs at the school. Our funding sources include the annual ”Hall of Fame Auction”, running the concession stand at basketball games, and receiving direct donations . The monies earned assist the athletic director in supplementing the district’s budgets for the RHS teams, reduce the player fee for club sports, and more.
What We Fund
RAB assists in the funding for items that will stay with the school or benefit the entire team or PE class. We do not provide funding for individual recognition, training done by individuals off season, personalized uniforms that the students are allowed to keep, and the like. Types of monetary assistance that may be provided include:
- School wide sports recognition banquets or awards night
- Uniforms and equipment for sports teams
- Facility rentals not covered by the school
- Training and skills enhancements for teachers and coaches
- Assistance for teams competing at the State level
- Fingerprinting for coaches
- Athletic support groups (Cheer Squad, band, Sports Booster Club)
- Equipment or supplies related to athletics