2017 ROOSEVELT SPORTS FUNDRAISER
Saturday March 4, 2017
6:00 pm @ The Landing at Tyee on Lake Union
Tickets include dinner & drinks, are $50/person and can be purchased here: RAB_Fundraiser_2017
Join your fellow RHS sports enthusiasts at this casual, fun event and raise much needed funds for our student athletes!
Roosevelt High School encourages all students to participate in athletics, band and cheer squad, regardless of their ability to pay. We are proud of the fact that over 850 students participate in these programs each year. The Seattle School District budget for athletics shrinks every year. The goal of the fundraiser is to raise enough funds to fill the gap between what the district provides and the needs of the teams. Our first auction was held in 2000 and we have been raising roughly $80,000 each year since.
As you can see from the facts below, trying to fund 27 men’s and women’s sports teams, as well as club sports, a cheer squad, and two dance teams is costly!
- Transporting one team to one sporting event costs $300
- One vaulting box for the gymnastics team costs $2800
- The cost for one football player’s equipment is $500
- Women’s soccer uniforms for one team costs $1600 – we field three teams!
These are only a few examples of what it costs to support these vital programs in high school. The NEED for this fundraiser is clear, and our goals are simple.
- To supplement the school’s athletic budget.
- To stay on an even par with our competitors when it comes to coaching, equipment, uniforms, fields, and referees.
- To keep students active and involved.
ALL DONATIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED
If you have any questions or wish to help us plan and organize this awesome event, please contact the fundraising committee at RHS.SportsAuction@gmail.com.